Wednesday 30 March 2011

Cambodia/Angkor Wat


Keepin it fresh at Angkor Wat. Notice the sandals, standard issue hotel bath wear. I lost my quicksilver ones on a boat in Can Gio. So every time we go to a new hotel,  I get a new pair of those baby's

We got into Cambodia a couple days ago, and while only a short drive from Saigon (5 hours) it feels like we just got a whole lot closer to america... so.....



The Colonel! in Cambodia KFC is a delicacy, served on plates and chilled glasses for drinks. It is also extremely expensive compared with the regular Cambodians lunch. We use the dollar without any problem in Phnom Penh.

Also, we crossed the border on a boat. which was an interesting experience and was much less crowded than the chaos at most land crossings in 3rd world country's.


Unfortunately, the beginning of our Cambodia/N. Vietnam trip meant I was saying goodbye too my homestay of 3 weeks. :(

That's my homestay mom punching me, secretly I think the whole neighborhood had a party when I left, thank buddah that kid is gone.


Russian Market in Phnom Penh.

Trinkets everywhere. Shopping List:

Men in Black DVD

Cambodia soccer jersey

Angkor beer tanktop

Hindu shirt

Inecence holder


Sexy is back inside the russian market


Looking back over Vietnam from above

Angkor Wat Pictures:









Alright more pictures to come...... but now for 5 o'clock ball crew:


AMAZING








2 comments:

  1. Hi Adam,

    I love the pictures. Tonight in Art History we talked about Angkor Wat the largest Hindu Temple in the world. How amazing that you were there. I would like to hear more about it. I am taking a Hinduism class this summer as part of my Humanities degree. I am really looking forward to it.

    I know it was hard for you to leave your homestay family, your mom looks so wonderful. Did you have sisters and brothers in the house?

    The KFC was a real treat but the local food is probably much better and you know it is healther then that fast food yuk.

    My favorite picture is the "ball crew" You look so happy and I am glad you are keeping active.

    It always makes my day to read your blog honey.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice glasses boss, giants opening day today

    ReplyDelete