Saturday 5 March 2011

Doin It


Damn It, my friend has a great picture of me coming back from the club on the back of a motorbike taxi. So epic. This is a great picture of me breaking a glass on the table.

Can Tho's nightlife is pretty sparse and people are usually in bed by 10:00, and definately in bed by 11:00. The day start's earlier at 6:00 every morning and I have no trouble getting up to the glorious bucket in the corner of the bathroom that is my shower.

There is only one club in Can Tho called Xin Loi  (excuse me in Vietnamese) It's actually pretty crazy. it has a handful of pooltables outside as well as it's own fake beach along the river. The door's don't even open untill 9:00 and it attracts some pretty shady people. My homestay warned me not to go there anymore because of recent gang related stabbings.

I haven't been back since, I don't want to get stabbed this early in the trip.


SANKES! SNAKES! SNAKES!

we wen't to a snake farm on thursday. These python's are humongous. Maybe I'll upload a better picture of them, even though I promised myself that this one is going to the discovery channel


You can't see it, but inside those brick walls are three of the biggest pigs on the planet. We helped a large Village outside the city build a new biodigester so they can cook with methane gas.

Basically the enclosed system runs a vacuum from the pig pen to several compost collection bags and eventually into the kitchen, where it is turned on by several valves infront of the stoves.

So ya, its really cool. The outhouse built for human's runs into the bag as well. No source of potential fuel goes untapped.


These fish are eating the dead skin off my feet; interestingly enough they felt great for hours after. The place is called Dr. Fish, and it is awesome


Holy Shit I love Dumplings


it might seem empty now, but at around 5:30 this place is packed with more than 30 shirtless dudes.

 No shoes allowed in this swell palace, so of course someone dropped his weight centimeters from my bare toe yesterday. Yikes.

If that wasn't enough inspiration for working out here, scribbled on the walls are the names of famous WWF wrestlers like Kirt Angle and Triple H. I tried to take a picture of a barely legible "Johnny Cena" when the owner stopped me.

No one takes pictures of  the great John Cena's name in her establishment


Chili Bush. These things are so hot its ridiculous. My homestay Dad eats one every meal.

That's how you know he's a boss... dipped in sauce


Cream on the inside, Clean on the outside.

Ice cream paint job.


Guess there's a reason to watch clippers games from the highlights I've been seeing.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Adam; Looks like your having a blast. Between the motorbikes, dropped weights, snakes and gang bars..... I hope you checked out the location of the local ER. Just kidding. Be careful. Looks like another world your in. Tell your home stay dad I would be no match in a chili eating contest. But I'll take him on in Frisbee golf. Take care. Keep up the postings. Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ade, you are so funny, you make me laugh. Thanks I needed to laugh today. I see the smile on your face which tells me that you are having a good time, and I know you are studying hard.

    I love the small fish cleaning your feet, I had heard about this before but never gave it much thought. The snakes, you know how much i like those creatures, (when they are in their own enviornment). And gangs, who knew that even in the small towns they would be thriving.

    I am also guessing that it is hot there, you look a little sunburned, and the little beard, very nice.

    Miss you honey, and love the blog.

    Papa, sent me an email telling me he loves the blog and wishes you well.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool images again Addie! Love the fish eating at the feet. Yep- did that in Japan. It is suppose to make your feet very soft. Love the chili plant. Yes, your home stay Dad is the Boss with the sauce! lolo! Very funny. Enjoy reading and missing Vietnam street food from your blog. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey grasshopper! Love the Dragon Fly t-shirt. Very cute. Nice and easy on the fire water in Nam. As you said.... it makes one forget what happened five minutes before.. Ahhhyee! I love the photos. How do you and the other students like the "shower" bathrooms on the boats?? Classy no? :)!! Love you.xxxoo Aunt Annie

    ReplyDelete