Tuesday 19 April 2011

Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, Mung Village...


I visited some temples...




The Silver Pagoda


wow, so haven't updated in awhile.... you got a problem with that silver buddah?


Temple of Fertility



I love how the wooden man is looking back at you in this picture. Like the girls boyfriend just walked in.

I went fishing....



with this guy, who removed a floor in his house too reveal the biggest catfish I have ever seen.


this is his village, in the middle of halong bay.


paying for our dinner. good ol' sea bass.


Hanoi is dotted with small temples. real artsy shot, really boring. I hate myself for posting this, after praying its always good to...


PARTY!

In cambodia every thursday night, there is dancing everywhere in the streets. Everyone lines up in front of a boom box and goes wild to korean pop, I think we danced for at least 2 hours.

before dancing your gonna need some of....




THIS!

rice wine, 2 vats of it. these are in a floating village in the middle of nowhere cambodia. yes, I had my way with the stuff.

also after dancing its nice to eat some...


SNAILS!

hot snails, in a bag.

then the next day we experienced the finest part of Hanoi cuisine


BIA HOI HANOI!

Hanoi is filled with these street side places that are everywhere. fresh beer and peanuts. as soon as your cup is empty it is whisked away and hastily refilled before you even realize it was gone in the first place.

aaaaaaa the freshest beer.

Heres sooooooommmmmmeeeeee


RICE FIELDS!


WORD!

I just got off this train, a 36 hour journey that cuts down the country back to Phan Rang. I will be taking the same train back up to Hanoi in 5 days to start research on my independent study project.












3 comments:

  1. Adam! Fab post. Love the dancing in the street/drinking the rice wine/eating the amazing street food/hot snails. Ye baby enjoy the ride! Can't wait to read more. xxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Adam, Its good to see your face. I have been missing you. I am curious, is the rice wine in Cambodia different than the rice wine in Viet Nam? It looks like you are enjoying life to the fullest. I love all the photos you have sent it gives me a real feeling of your life right now. Train rides are always long and weary but they do take you to new destinations with new adventures. Warm snails, yummy, kind of. What are you going to be doing for your Independent Study?

    Keep well and happy, love you,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude that looks hella fun, prob doin his indep study on the variations of man penis within vietnam

    ReplyDelete