Thursday 17 February 2011

Goodbye Saigon, Hello Can Tho


(Last Night in Saigon)



Haven't been able to write in awhile, been so excited just to be out in the street that it's hard to sit down and publish anything. Anyway, we left Saigon yesterday and traveled down the coast to Can Tho; the program headquarters. Can Tho is situated right on the corner of the delta and the view's from the guest house we are staying at are ridiculous




First day of classes today! Vietnamese language and culture for four hours, which I'm actually pretty excited about. I tried ordering ice yesterday at lunch and ended up asking for more urine. oops.

Nighttime is pretty crazy in Can Tho. Immediately after getting dark, vendors flood the streets to set up stands blocking traffic. It looks nuts watching these people appearing from thin air with anything you might want to buy. I turned around at dinner and instead of looking down the alley way i was next too I saw this.





Seriously, how did someone carry four fish tanks and put them behind me in five minutes. Ninja's






4 comments:

  1. Hi Adam:

    Prawns in the left tank are huge. I would love having them live in a salt water aquarium to watch them move about. Enjoying the blog.

    JW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ade, Your pictures are great. It really gives me a feeling that I am there. I love the night picture of the town and the fish tanks. It reminds me of China Town in San Francisco.

    How is the weather? You are missing a very rainy week here in Nor Cal.

    Love U,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adam,
    I loved seeing your pictures too! such an adventure! Just stay safe and only drink BOILED water!
    lots of love
    Nana and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam! I love that you are having such a great time. Love the idea of the floating wc- I think I missed using one on the Mekong Delta. Love the image of you on the motorbike. Ahh I really miss being there. So happy to have your blogs to remind me of how lovely and interesting Vietnam is. How are your studies coming along? Are you expected to write a paper and turn in your research. And i don't mean about rice wine and the effects on ones daily life. yayay! Keep posting!! love you xxxx Annie

    ReplyDelete