Sunday 15 May 2011

Gone with the Wind


Hmmmmmmm



and these are the decisions that will keep me up at night.


....











Calm down it's only tobacco. In Hanoi they love to take huge rips of the stuff, this man invited me for a smoke in the middle of the sidewalk.


This is Quy! he is a beast with the pipe.


he showed me around Hanoi on this beautiful steed, Honda '67


Dorm room at Hanoi University where I taught an american culture class! At one point during the lesson I noticed that their textbooks had a picture of the New York skyline with the towers still intact, which is pretty crazy in lieu of recent events.


Vietnamese Independence Day! It's good to be an american


Happy Buddah, not far from my current hotel up in the central mountains. He seems to know that the Giants are in first, and the Lakers are out.


Before making my way up towards the highlands, I stayed on the warm sunny beaches of mui ne for some R and R...


rented this horsey...


and visited some gigantic white sand dunes






Q: What do the next set of pictures have in common???





A: They are all taken at the same hotel called The Crazy House, boy is it crazy. If the Hilton family hired Dr. Seuss this is what it would look like. It is actually a fully operational institution, the cheapest room is $35 and has a kangaroo with red eyes staring directly at the bed, creepy.


Titanic shot


and they lived happily ever after




















2 comments:

  1. theres no choice when it comes to con air, guy invited you in for a little smoke and poke with his titanic vietnamese meat stick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adie I love the shot of you on the beach and of course the Titanic shot made me laugh.

    What is the food like in Hanoi, are you eating the same wild foods as you did at the beginning of your trip? How is your "street food" project going? I have been spending more time in the city and visiting some of the different food trucks there. I like the simple menus and the quality of food served. The best Vietnamese street food in San Francisco is the Cha Gio truck. They serve a great variety of spring rolls. My friends also like the Adobo Hobo truck which serves chicken and rice dishes.

    xo

    ReplyDelete